What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is a service that is built on rules or artificial intelligence, which is used for interaction via different messenger applications. Chatbots can be integrated with messenger apps and can serve a variety of purposes, be it shopping for shoes, accessories, helping you decide your next meal, or which new pub to try out this weekend. For example, if you are looking for a white shirt, all you would have to do is ask the chatbot for it, no need to go browsing around the website for white shirts. It simulates the experience you would normally have in a physical store.
Why is chatbot important in terms of digital marketing?
People around the globe are using messenger apps and the list keeps growing. It is forecasted that by the year 2019, 2.19 billion people are estimated to be using mobile messenger apps. Yes, that is a huge number and the reason why chatbots should be a part of your digital marketing strategy. As per BI Intelligence, most people spend their time on messenger apps as compared to social media apps. If you want to sell online then you need to have an online audience and that audience is on messenger apps. Make the most of this growing trend and market your business to users worldwide.
Why Facebook Messenger?
Facebook messenger is a leading app with a staggering number of 1.3 billion monthly active users. It ranks second in the list of messenger apps used worldwide. With branded chatbots allowed on the Facebook messenger app, it is a great new marketing opportunity to explore.
Here are 5 marketing ideas you can implement with Facebook messenger :
- The established method of lead capture can be put to use with Facebook messenger. Create messages that would prompt users to provide their email addresses, helping you build your contact list.
- You can deliver your content right on to a user’s mobile chat app rather than email. A recent study by HubSpot showed people are comfortable with the content being delivered on their Facebook Messenger app as compared to their email.
- Your chatbot can act as a landing page for your website. With Facebook, you have an option to integrate with Messenger, allowing the app to provide the user with the complete website experience.
- If you are looking for active participation from the online audience, you could begin with creating surveys, polls and quizzes. The response to these marketing tools can provide a better insight on the potential customer base and help you segment your marketing efforts accordingly.
- Allow your users to search for content. For example, if a user requires particular product information, you can provide them the details and also suggest similar products in their range. With a simple search the user is pulling content towards them and not the other way around. Do tailor the amount of your content to suit a mobile screen chat.
With Morph.ai, you can use a chatbot to connect to the ad network, which is more effective in the lead generation process as compared to traditional marketing strategies. With the growing popularity of messenger apps amongst the masses, chatbots are a marketing avenue you should definitely consider.